Tuesday, August 18, 2009

2009 Masters Dance Intensive Recap, Day 1

By: Kristie Wyler


Yesterday we kicked off the first day of our Masters Dance Intensive with Mimi Whetstone’s advanced Latin Ballroom class. Ms Mimi started class with a slow (ish) Rhumba and transitioned into an ultra fast paced Mambo. The dancers all did great with the quick footwork and weight changes and started to get the fast Latin hips.

After a 10 minute break the dancers moved in to my advanced Contemporary class. We started with a warm up and stretch, then worked chaines, pirouettes, reverse jetes and turning leaps across the floor before learning a piece full of contractions and contortions to one of my favorite songs, “The Blower’s Daughter.”

I'm excited to see everyone later today for day 2 of our Masters Dance Intensive: Modern with Stephanie Plansker and Breaking/Hip Hop with Stringz of Hardcore Detroit. I'll have my camera with me tonight so I can take pictures and videos to post tomorrow.

Have a favorite part of class yesterday? Share with us in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment