Thursday, August 6, 2009

Masters Dance Intensive, Yeah!

By: Kristie Wyler


Ms Rita and I have been working all summer to get the best and most interesting instructors for our 2nd annual Masters Dance Intensive and I am so excited with what we have lined up so far…

Stringz, (AKA S Uno) founder of Hardcore Detroit is teaching a Breaking/Hip Hop class Tuesday August 18 at 6:35pm. I’m so excited for the kids to have the opportunity to work with him. I’m still debating if I’ll have the guts to take this one. Here is a clip of his work:












I tried to get a “dances around the world” feel this year and feel so lucky the kids will be exposed to a number of different cultures and styles throughout the week.

Our resident Ballroom expert, Mimi Whetstone will start the Intensive with a Latin class on Monday August 17 at 5pm. I am definitely taking this class since I am determined to get my Latin hips working like Ms Mimi’s.

Bolly Fit founder, Anuja Rajendra is joining the guest faculty to teach a high-energy Bollywood class Wednesday August 19. Anuja has recently been featured in the Ann Arbor News, Flint Journal and Detroit Free Press. Here’s a short clip of Anuja on Fox 2 Detroit News:

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/health/get_fit/Bolly_Fit__Fitness_Through_Fun

Elaine Murray and Ed Koehne of Green Fire Irish Dancers are teaching an Irish class Wednesday August 19 and Inna Belikov is closing out the Intensive with a Russian dance class Thursday August 20.

Metro Dance faculty member Stephanie Plansker is also teaching an Advanced Modern class Tuesday August 18 at 5pm. I have a feeling if you're there you'll be sore in odd places in the morning, but it will be a "good sore."

All classes are open to dancers, teachers and professionals ages 13+. Call 734.207.8970 to register by phone.

Thinking of attending? I'd love to hear which class you're most excited about taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment